Stir-Fry Sesame Chicken
Delicious Lean and Green Recipe. You can substitute beef or pork.
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 18 ounces boneless chicken breast, sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and sliced into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and sliced into strips
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 cups stemmed and chopped fresh green beans
- 1/2 cup scallions (sliced diagonally) OR chopped cilantro
- 3 tsp sesame seeds
Toast sesame seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently.
Coat chicken strips in half the teriyaki sauce. Add oil to a pan or wok over medium heat. Cook for about 4-5 minutes per side until golden and cooked through.
Add green beans and water or chicken stock to the pan. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes, until beans are crisp-tender. Add sesame oil and peppers to the pan with the beans. Cook uncovered for about 4 minutes. Add garlic and remaining teriyaki sauce, cook for an additional 30 seconds.
Return chicken to pan and add remaining teriyaki sauce. Cook for one minute, until warmed. Remove from heat and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Garnish with scallions or cilantro.